People in our community face economic crisis each day and are in need of support, food and shelter. A person may find themselves in a predicament due to job loss, increased rent, medical emergency, car repairs or other financial responsibilities. The Community Crisis Center is here to help with emergency and financial assistance.
If you are in an economic crisis or need shelter, call the Community Crisis Center at 847-697-2380. A professional counselor will talk to you in a confidential setting by appointment or walk-in. The Economic Crisis Program includes the following services:
Economic Crisis Program
- This program is for clients who are residing in our shelter and people in the community who are in an economic crisis
- Case management, counseling, financial counseling, emergency assistance and financial assistance are provided
- Emergency assistance includes: referrals to food pantries and soup kettles, clothing and other material assistance as available
- Financial assistance includes: rent/mortgage or utility assistance for those who are in danger of losing their housing due to overdue bills/eviction notices and to those who are transitioning from homelessness. Eligibility is based on available funds. Appointments are necessary to determine eligibility.
- 40-bed emergency shelter for women and their children
- Counseling and material assistance
- Case manager will work with you to create a plan